Wednesday, July 27, 2016

WOYWW | Sewing

Hello and happy Wednesday!

It's been a pretty normal week in my household. Normal, being chaotic and frenzied, of course.

Last time, I gave you a tour of my craft space. Yes, that is my son's former bedroom, now my room. Thank you for your comments.

This week, I am sewing! Something I haven't done in a long, long time. Let's not be hasty...I am not making an outfit or quilting or anything remotely fun. I am rekindling the lost art of hemming pants. Yup, it's true.

My husband bought several pairs of pants over the weekend and he needed to have them taken up a bit. After learning that it would cost $15 to hem one pair of pants, I decided to take over part of the dining room (my crafts and hobbies are taking over the whole house!) and set up shop.

The trusty Pfaff. My mother purchased the machine several years ago and it still works like a dream. Just like scrapbooking, I am a messy sewist.

Sewing Machine

My serger/overlocker. I purchased this Pfaff Hobbylock as a birthday gift to myself three years ago. I'm sure there are fancier ones out there, but I really enjoy how easy this machine is to thread and operate.

Serger - 2016

Toys. Knicknacks. My little guys love to be near Mommy when she is crafting or sewing. I don't mind it either. One day, they won't want anything to do with me. And I know I will miss the chaos of a messy household when they are gone.

Around the house

Now that the machines are out, I may just try to finish up several projects I have around here.

Thanks for visiting! Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. That's some machine! I used to sew all the time, when it came to the final touches - buttons, hemming - I farmed it out. hugs, donna #49

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to sew but would only do from scratch sewing. Any hemming or repairs would just set and set and set. Love the toys picture. Reminds me of mine when they were little. Blessings, LisaDV #35

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite a new sewing machine I still turn to my mum\s old Singer sewing machine - wonder how often you do that?
    Hugs & Thanks for the earlier visit - Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila! Thanks for your visit last week. I am in total agreement about enjoying the little ones while you can. While I enjoy my space, I sure miss sharing it with my granddaughters. Great that you're getting your machines out again, for whatever reason. I unearthed mine last week as well. Creative Blessings! Kelly #36

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner