Wednesday, July 13, 2016

WOYWW | Craft room

Hello Wednesday!

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a photo of my messy creativity-in-progress craftroom junkroom.

Craft room

I promised I would give a tour of the room. Please bear with me. And ignore the mess.

This room used to be my son's bedroom. I took over the room and sent him to share a bedroom with his brother. The first thing I did was to paint the walls white and buy an orange rug with white polka dots from Ikea. I haven't figured out what to do with window treatments, so my son's owl curtains stay for now.

When you walk in, the large kitchen island from Canadian Tire takes up most of the space. I had good intentions of keeping it organized and not messy, but those intentions quickly flew out the window. Oops.

You'll also see a tall, white CD/DVD tower which acts as clear stamp storage. Each shelf is organized by holiday, event or sentiment. I stop short of alphabetizing my stamp sets.

To the right of the door, I store Project Life materials, my embossing tools and letter stickers in a blue rolling cart. I would have cleaned this up for you, but I'm not fooling anyone by making this tour look  like a magazine layout.

Craft room tour

Inside the closet, I store my cardstock. A rainbow of colours, yes, but I keep a large stock of white, cream, beige and black on hand. My go-to crafting colours. In the boxes, I store ribbons, sizzix dies and envelopes.
Craft room tour
On the left wall, I have a shelf ladder that I purchased from the "as-is" bin at Ikea. I don't know what was wrong with it. It holds my stereo, wooden stamps, some fabric, markers, more Project Life cards and current scrapbooking projects.

Desk craft room tour

A close up.

A random Celine Dion CD in there. I like to be completely mellow and sappy when I craft. It makes for good journalling.
Craft room tour

Underneath the island, I keep all my essential tools. Cutting tools, adhesive, inks, refills, rulers and loads of embellishments. I have SO MANY embellishments, but I loathe to use them. Why am I afflicted with this problem? It should not be so hard to add a rhinestone, brad, button or any thing, really, to a craft, but yet, I can't do it.

Desk craft room tour

And finally, this week's desk. I'm working on another layout. This time, in blue. My notebook is out and some hydrangeas that I coloured with alcohol markers.

Desk craft room tour

If you made it this far, thank you! It was a bit of a crazy tour of such a small space, but thanks for visiting. Please visit others who participate in WOYWW!

I appreciate your comments.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila, loved the tour of your crafting space! I too pinched my sons room, although he had moved out to live with his girlfriend. I just made sure he wasn't going to be moving back in, lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Girlie... there are so many Canadian words in this post that you just HAVE to share where you are! Grin I am in Beautiful Creston, British Columbia and I am sure you are somewhere in Canada... grin. Thanks for the lovoly tour of your awesome space and the visit to my blog earlier today... This must be the week for sharing our REAL selves as mine and yours are not the only blogs doing Real Reveals... grin! Scrapbooking Artist Lynne Mizera WOYWW #42

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tour of your room! Glad you got your own space. It doesn't hurt for siblings to share - I shared a bedroom with two sisters! It wasn't that big either lol. I 'took' my daughter's room when she moved out for good after finishing university.

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #34

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to get the chance to have a good snoop round so thanks for that. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x 23

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is great. Have a beautiful week! Dorlene #40

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made my craft room in my son's bedroom too! He had moved out already, I wasn't that harsh :-). I like what you've done in there, it has a happy vibe. I couldn't listen to Celine Dion though...more like Blues, Rock, brass band music (I play the tuba!)
    Hugs, LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all seem to have taken over a son's bedroom. I upgraded though a while back to my daughters old bedroom cause I needed more room! BIG MISTAKE…Now I need more room again! LOL! Have fun playing in your new space. Thanks for visiting my desk earlier. Vickie #46

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, we crafters tend to hoard our supplies. I am the same way. I try to tell myself there is more where that comes from - unsuccessfully. I buy way more than I use! donna #16

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I am finally making it around to see some desks before a new week starts again. Miss my kiddos but love having more space to stretch out. Thanks for the tour. Peg R 43

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm so late getting around. Great job with your space.
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #18

    ReplyDelete
  11. Might be messy, but if you know where everything is, that is the important thing ;-) Though my OCD would be ranking off the charts if I were there in person. LOL Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner