Sunday, May 1, 2016

Sunday Musings | Basil

I'm growing basil under the grow lights and they seem to be doing well. The plan is to transplant these babies outside in late May or early June.

2016 basil seedlings

Last year, I had a nice quantity of fresh basil growing just outside the door. I love the smell of basil. My mouth is watering thinking of the salads, pastas and all the wonderful things I can top with basil.
More gardening this weekend for us. I like the whole family involved in the task because, I think, it's important to know that growing food takes work, but it can be fun and it's definitely rewarding.

2 comments:

  1. This is great :) We are just in the process of moving from an apartment to a house, and I can't wait to start a garden with my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Samantha! Gardening is a fun activity with kids.

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner