Monday, May 30, 2016

Project Life 2016 | The First 4 Months

Warning: Photo heavy!

So...I have neglected procrastinated on starting Project Life this year. The main reason being I have been trying to find a way to streamline my photo editing process.

I like a physical 12x12 project life album. I like using the Design A photo protectors. What I don't like is the time it takes to download, edit, write captions for and upload the photos. I have only one PC, no iPad or tablet. My husband also uses this same computer for his job, so I feel bad kicking him off our computer to work on this project life album. 

What has helped with this process has been using smartphone apps for my photo processing. I use the apps for basic cropping, colour correction and creating collages. Then, I will upload the photos to my computer to add text and place them in a photo layout that I like before either printing the batch of photos at Costco or printing at home. I have found this to be a much better use of my smartphone.

This year, like last year, I am recording a monthly view. I am able to keep a couple of years of layouts in one 12x12 album rather than one album per year, which is how I did Project Life previously. In space constrained Vancouver, I have been seriously considering shrinking of discarding some of my scrapbook albums.

I love a minimalist look with a lot of white space. I'm sure I've said that over and over throughout the years, but it's still true. The Midnight Edition, of which I still have many leftover cards, is still my go-to edition of Project Life. Of course, embellishments from my stash and lots of orange!

I downloaded free monthly date cards from here and printed the calendars on cardstock. The design is so clean and allows for personalization in the album.

Project Life 2016
You might notice the sticky note in the photograph? I draw out a 2-page spread of the page protector design on a sticky note and write a short description of what I would like to put in each pocket. As mentioned, my photos are edited on my smartphone and saved online though Google Photos. When an opportunity arises (more like, when I have a block of time), I download the photos onto my computer and, using Photoshop, place them into photo templates. Usually, computer journaling will be added to each photo. Then, I print the pictures.

The process didn't take too long. If I didn't have dear little ones in the way, I probably could have completed this in an afternoon.

So here we go...4 months of project life. The layouts will stay this way. I may add a few embellishments in some places. I will definitely add more journaling.

Project Life physical edition: Midnight
Photo templates: Paislee Press
Journaling Font: Rough Typewriter

Project Life 2016

I have blurred out some photos and journaling which I felt weren't appropriate to share. I'm sure you can capture what I am trying to achieve - clean, minimalist and fast scrapbooking.

Project Life 2016

Project Life 2016

Project Life 2016

Project Life 2016

Project Life 2016

I hope my Project Life has inspired you to start or to continue with your own. It can be whatever you dream of it to be.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner