Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Story So Far

How did I get here?

In 2008, I thought I would start a blog since a friend was writing one. She wrote it to keep her family and friends updated on her adventures. She said whatever she wanted on that blog. Her blog was fun and refreshing.  She no longer posts on her blog and has moved on to other social media platforms. I have never aspired to be a writer. I don't claim to be a writer, but I wanted an outlet for my thoughts and to share some of my scrapbooking layouts, my favourite hobby. I harboured no illusions that I would get a large following and, clearly, if I look at my stats, I have no readers. Well, you, because you are reading this. Thank you.

What initially started out as a personal blog soon became a quasi business/crafting blog when I joined Stampin' Up! in 2009 as a demonstrator. I absolutely love Stampin' Up! and it pained me to drop my demonstrator status in 2012. Back then, I blogged at daisyfleurs.blogspot.com. I realized I enjoyed participating in craft challenges and blog hops rather than building a business, although I did try. Card and scrapbook challenge posts definitely drew in more readers, but I became bored with it. Why was I doing this? So that I could get more comments? So other crafters would like me? Maybe get on a design team? After a while, it didn't seem fulfilling.

In 2013, I took a break. My break was fueled for reasons in this post. And I was tired. Tired of scrapbooking, card making, picture taking, posting, linking up - all of it. Sacrilege! You loved scrapbooking, you say. I still love it.  Selling our home, moving into a new home and having another baby didn't help with the creativity. My crafting room was packed up and staged to look appealing to buyers. Outta sight, outta mind. I was vomiting multiple times a day throughout my second pregnancy - clearly, no creativity happening there.

Now, I'm in a new home with two young ones, partially unpacked, slowly decluttering and figuring out what I want to achieve by blogging. For right now, I just want to be. No expectations.


To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner