Saturday, July 16, 2011

Beach Bum

Scrap That Baby! has the perfect challenge this month to celebrate summer - "Fun In The Sun"! Break out those photos of your little one frolicking on the beach, jumping through the sprinkler or whatever fun in the sum means to you.

Beach Bum - Waikiki

I created a double-page layout for this challenge. A double-page layout is rare for me. For this layout, I used Daffodil Delight textured cardstock and the new Pocketful of Posies designer series paper.

There are a variety of elements on this page: AC Thickers & rub-ons, vellum stickers from long ago and ribbon in my stash.

Beach Bum - Waikiki

A close up of the journalling. I am a huge fan of journalling strips and black gel pens. Someone asked me a while back how large and how long I cut the strips. The strips are about 1/2 inch wide and the length varies depending on the space I have.

Beach Bum - Waikiki

A close up of the sparkly Thickers. I've had these around forever. The photographs are mounted in a new In Colour: Lucky Limeade. It's a fun, summery kind of green.

Thanks for visiting and be sure to join in this month's challenge at Scrap That Baby!


Scrap that Baby! delivers exciting scrapbooking prompts to encourage you to, well, scrap that baby! There are two challenges a month, along with tips, tutorials and prizes. Play along and get those baby pics scrapped for good.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Loving this fun bright layout. Baby Z is such a cutie! Your handwriting is lovely. If I wrote that neatly, I'd do more hand journalling too :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner