Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cake on a pedestal card

I had time and a request to make a few birthday cards this week. I was so thrilled with the ease and the result that I'm going to make a stack of these cards in various colors!

Sweet Amazing Bday card

This card uses the soon-to-be-retiring stamp set, On A Pedestal. This was one of the first sets I purchased out of the 2009-2010 Stampin' Up! catalogue. I'm sad to see it go as I've used this set quite a bit.

The sentiment was colored with various markers. Both the pedestal and the sentiment were aligned using the Stamp-a-ma-jig ~ a must have tool for wooden stamps! The cake and candle were punched out with the Build a Cupcake punch. A scallop border, ribbon and a button were added on the side for interest. A little bit of bling on the cake to give it some glam.
Want this set? Buy it now before it's gone! Contact me (daisyfleurs @ hotmail dot com) for details.

Thanks for dropping by!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner