Saturday, January 22, 2011

A milestone birthday

The other day, my mom asked if I could make a card for a friend who will be celebrating her 60th birthday this weekend. "Why, of course!" How silly to ask.

Create with Connie & Mary #134

I based my card on the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.


With this clean and simple sketch, I used neutrals colours of gray, white and black with a pop of pink. I ran the black strip of paper through the Big Shot with the perfect polka dots embossing folder. I distressed the textured white cardstock with gray ink and punched a strip of pink paper with a scallop border punch.

Create with Connie & Mary #134

The striped and plain grosgrain ribbon were layered on top of each other and ruffled. The scallop circle was punched out of pink paper and a circle out of white textured cardstock. They were layered using several dimensionals to give the embellishment enough height. The sentiment "look who's turning" was stamped onto pink paper and punched with the modern label punch. The number "60" was die cut using the Big Shot.

This card was fun and quick to put together. Quick cards are my kind of cards.

Thank you for visiting!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Your card is awesome!! I love how you did the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The ribbon adornment is great! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - great ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a great card! Your mom's friend will love it! And I have to say that I am in love with the way you did the ribbon! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the ribbon treatment and the personalized 60! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I adore that ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your mom's friend will love this card, especially the pinks and the ribbon. Thanks for playing at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS CARD...that ribbon treatment is the PERFECT element on the card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner