Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Brayer and embossing fun

Brayer Poinsettas

So, I decided to enter into the world of the "brayer". For those of you who are not aware, a brayer looks like this:



It can be used to apply an even amount of ink on a sheet of paper in no time! So, I used the brayer to apply Cherry Cobbler ink to the raised impression made by the Petals-A-Plenty impressions folder. I learned this technique from my upline. She loves using her brayer.

I made this card for Art Freckles' December Challenge and for the final challenge at Everything But the Kitchen Sink. I'm so sad that this challenge site is closing, but I understand.

Of course, Cherry Cobbler needs some Old Olive to complement it and that's exactly what I did. The base of the card and the satin ribbon are in Old Olive. This could be my new favourite colour combo. Watch out, Pumpkin Pie & Early Expresso! I don't think so.

The bells were watercoloured and raised with dimensionals. I like this card. Off to make a few more!

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I love this card! I don't have a brayer .... yet! After seeing your card, I NEED a brayer!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! And I need a brayer too! :) Thanks so much for joining us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner