Monday, December 20, 2010

Bling on Christmas

This week's challenge at Stampin' Royalty is to Bring On the Bling. That's what I hope I did with this card.

The outside of the card has some bling in the form of rhinestones on the front...

Stampin' Royalty #50

but it's really the inside that has the sparkles.

Stampin' Royalty #50

Unfortunately, I took this photo in the evening, so the bling does not really dazzle as much as I would like. I cased this idea from Gretchen Barron.

I used the Christmas Tree pop-up die and embossed each piece with the Petals-A-Plenty impressions folder. Then, I used the brayer (oh yes, I did) and applied versamark ink to the raised impression. The pieces were dipped (drenched) in glittery embossing powder and heat embossed. Like Gretchen's tree, I created a tree skirt with the medallion stamp.

Stampin' Royalty #50

I took another stab at creating this card; this time with gold glow smooch spritz as the bling.

This second card also has rhinestones on the front.

Stampin' Royalty #50

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Sheila - great job. Very cute - and very creative. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty. It was great to meet up with you again last week. Have a fabulous Christmas with your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blue with that dsp. Smashing! I really like how you used the medallion stamp as a tree skirt for the tree. Nicely done. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner