Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baby Z's Pachyderm

"We're on the Island of Misfit Toys
Here we don't want to stay
We want to travel with Santa Claus
In his magic sleigh!"


As I've mentioned many times, I purchased the Candy Cane Fabric and let it sit on my desk for ages. I covered a journal with this fabric, but the piece de resistance is this elephant.

Voila!

Elephant (1)

"How would you like to be a spotted elephant?"

I was inspired by the Island of Misfit Toys from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I love Rudolph. Such a classic. Poor spotted elephant! I want you! So I made one for my Baby Z.

I found the pattern on this forum and enlarged it to 150%. I'm not a great at sewing, but the instructions seemed easy enough.

Elephant

It's probably easier to use felt as it's sturdier. Still too cute! No eyes as my baby is not passed the choking hazard stage, but I'll sew some big button eyes later.

Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! It's super cute!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute - thanks for letting us "nose" around! S #84

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner